Since its inception, #WeLeadComms has been
- Demonstrating a commitment to recognizing BIPOC communication professionals and members of other underrepresented communities
- Showcasing the leadership shown by communication associations and their members to promote the standing of our profession, and good professional practices
- Offering an alternative source of recognition that recognizes the commitment of communication leaders as well as the quality of their contributions - going above and beyond the rubrics of traditional awards programs
- Publishing a daily profile of a communication leader or initiative every business day, #WeLeadComms has built a global following in the thousands, and has recognized nearly 300 communication leaders and initiatives across more than 50 countries.
- Highlighting the work of communication professionals in making a difference for their organizations and communities
- Involving communication leaders at all levels of the profession
In March of 2022, #WeLeadComms secured the sponsorship of Sparrow Connected, a leading firm in the internal communication platform space, to support its activities and launch some additional initiatives, such as a quarterly webinar series for communication leaders.